Sunday 15 November 2015

Premis

PREMIS

Persuasion has always been my favourite Jane Austen novel. I reread Persuasion at the age of 27 (the same age of the protagonist in the book) and recognised that feeling of lost love and opportunity. Since then I have long had the idea of reimagining Persuasion for a new generation, Bridget Jones's Diary with less sex and smaller pants.
It's a great idea, even if I do say so myself. I have firm images of my characters in my head, I just hope I can translate those images into engaging and semi-realistic characters (I'm going for romantic fiction after all not gritty down and dirty drug dealers).
So this is my goal. Complete my story. Because quite frankly I need to get these characters out of my head before they send me bonkers.
I need to focus on my own life rather than those of fictional characters and I can't do that when I have a cast of fictional character taking up residence in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment