Sunday 6 November 2011

Saturday 5th November - Day 7 - The one where I am a bit annoyed and wish I was heading to the fireworks

Saturday 5th November
Breakfast:

x1 Portion Weetabix Minis Honey and Nut:  4PP
X1 Serving Skimmed Milk:  1PP

Lunch:
x1 Hula Hoops Salt an Vi
negar:  4PP

Dinner:

x1 Portions rapes: 0PP
x1 Millionaires Shortbread Dessert: 12PP
x1 Tesco Finest Chicken Tikka Masala & Rice:  22PP
x1 Bottle Coke Zero: 0PP
x2 Packets Revels:  9PP

Snacks:
x1 WeightWatchers Rich Toffee Bar:  2PP

x12 Almonds:  4PP
x1 WeightWatchers Chocolate & Vanilla Biscuit: 2PP

Points used: 58PP
Weekly Points used: Nill - But all of the BP's have gone and then some
Points Earned: 5PP Hell Yeah!


Challenges:
Not having a good day, I have had period pains and Chocolate cravings.  Considering I shouldn't be having a period at all it's all a bit irritating (as well as mildly worrying).  I have eaten allot of chocolate and have felt grumpy as well as bloated.

What didn't help was my visit to the 'Health Trainer'.  After a rather unsatisfying visit to the nurse a couple of weeks ago where she proceeded to patronise me about my weight, she suggested that I visit one of the free health trainers that are provided by the NHS. 

I had not intended to go, however after a day or two to reassess I decided that I would book an appointment.  Quite frankly it was the biggest waste of my Saturday morning.  Although the 'girl' whom I spoke to was pleasant, it was incredibly obvious from the very beginning that what ever she was going to offer me was not going to help.  In fact I think I was better informed about the process of weight loss than she was.

Hannah was about 20, 'Not Medically Trained', an 'Unpaid voulenteer', a student, and from looking at her (this may be my bias here) has never had a weight issue in her life.  I was so irritated when I had left, its not fair to take it out on her, but the whole experience was pointless.  I exercise, I generally follow a healthy diet with a combination of protein, carbs, dairy, fat etc.  I keep a food diary (tracking), I reflect on each week (and now each day), I have a supportive group of like minded friends, I set SMART objectives (I teach people how to write them for f*$k sake).  Other than being reassured that I am 5'4" not 5'3"1/2 I didn't get any thing from the hour long session other than the regret that I had gone and the wish that I had stayed in bed for a lie in.

And this was in the week that a study completed by Birmingham university found that commercial weight loss groups (including WeightWatchers) were found to be more effective than NHS programmes.  From what I have seen from Colchester's offering I am not surprised in the least.

Achievements:
Still with the pedometer, I have managed the whole week.  For the whole week I have have earned 37 points.  That is pretty damned good, even without Zumba.

Tomorrow:
Duh Duh Daaaa, its weigh in day tomorrow!  Hopefully I hope that my Revels binge hasn't done too much damage, after my sneaky peek at my weight today I am hoping for good things.

Sunday is also a day where I can go a bit nuts with the mentality of 'I've weighed in so sod it'.  However I want to get out of the cycle of binging on a Sunday and using all of my weeklies. Got shopping to do, so that is my focus, not buying cakes!

Verdict:  Mmmmm could be worse

No comments:

Post a Comment