Tuesday 27 September 2011

11 Things for 2011... (Originally Posted 9th January 2011 on WeightWatchers UK)

I have not posted in such a long time because I fell off the wagon with style, and well with the Christmas break… you get the picture.

So Christmas and New Year how was it? 3 and a half pounds on, and I enjoyed every minute of it! I know it is not going to be staying around for long so why stress myself out about it!

I have decided to steer clear of the 5+ boards, for some reason I have found them quite negative and a little bit obsessive over the Christmas period which made me feel rather uncomfortable about reading some of the things being posted. I did post a couple of times asking for help about PP and lunches but didn’t get any responses. It feels to me that it has become a bit cliquey for my liking, it’s all well and good making friends but don’t alienate others who use it.

I chose not to make resolutions this year, but I did make a to do list, as follows;

1. Take a photo of myself at every weigh in. I have not really tracked my progress and this should be an easy way to do it. I am also going to taking my measurements on a regular basis, I have lapsed sooo badly.

2. Cook at least 3 meals during the working week. I have a terrible tendency to use ready meals or rely on cereal when I get home from work; I am determined to cook more.

3. Run (not walk) a 5K. This was one of the things on my list for last year and for various reasons (mainly laziness) I didn’t achieve it. I am determined to do it this year.

4. Develop a Love Life. Last year I wanted to find some friends in Colchester, and I think I have done that (hopefully). Next stop love life, I have no idea how to start with this point but it’s on the list so I will at least try. Possibly sorting out numbers 5 and 7 may help!

5. Wear more make up. It may seem stupid but I think for my self esteem and confidence I need to spend a bit more time making myself look good (better) even if I don’t necessarily feel it inside.

6. Buy less packaged fruit. I spend a fortune on it, it is quite obscene really, obviously a better choice than a chocolate bar but I buy it too often. More whole fruits for me.

7. Go to bed earlier. I am quite naughty and often stay up late (Ssshhh even on a school night) but not enough sleep is prematurely aging and I don’t want to hit 30 looking like I am 45.

8. Spend some time on me. With work and life it sometimes does not give me enough time to live, I am going to try and set aside 30 mins a day to spend on me not distracted by anything/anyone else.

9. Aim to eat Vegetarian for at least one day a week. Not only do I want to lose weight I want to be healthier and I don’t think eating huge amounts of meat is all that healthy

10. (Purposely) Exercise at least once a week. OK I walk all of the time, and the bonus points do rack up, yes they help but I want to do more. I don’t think I will ever be one of those people who are addicted to the gym, but I would like to be one of those people who enjoy exercise when they do it (I think this one might be a bit of a stretch)

11. Be happier at the end of 2011 than I was at the end of 2010. Nuff Said really

I have shared these with some of my WW buddies in class, mainly because you are more likely to achieve something if you feel accountable to others, so hopefully they should keep me on track.

As today was my first meeting of the New Year I have attached my first weigh in photo.


Happy 2011 Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment