Tuesday 27 September 2011

Weekly Meeting (Originally Posted 1st May 2011 on Facebook)

Weekly Meeting: 
(Now before I begin I just want to let you all know I am fully aware that this meeting was all about promoting the WW website and associated eSource, WW is a business after all!)

Following on from the meeting a couple of weeks ago and discussing the different online support mechanisms that we have available to us it got me to thinking about what I use to help and support me and why I don’t make better use of the facilities I have available to me.


1.  The WW website:  I used to be a monthly pass holder and as I got free eSource would use the WW website all of the time.  Since being a clerk I have used the website less and less, mainly because the tracking and weight loss tools are no longer available.  However there are things that you can use on the website for free for example the community.  I have to say I am not too good with online communities mainly because I generally find other people irritating or stupid (There are a number of exceptions).  But I should really start to breakdown my preconception and utilize this more, as for every inane comment or question there are any number of insightful and helpful posts.  The WW website also has plenty of recipes that you can get access to without the need to shell out any cash.

2.  Weight Watchers R Us Facebook Page:  I created this page to offer help and support for my weight watchers buddies, as I know perfectly that some of my Facebook friends get fed up seeing their newsfeed being filled up with food and exercise and related posts.  In many ways this little group has been a life saver, I can post asking questions about the PP in certain foods.  I can confess if I have had a bad day or week, I can rant about things, and I can ask for support.  In the early days I would post frequently.  But this too I have waned, and as I have reduced on my use as my Mojo has lessened. 

Now I have been thinking about the amount I have used these things, and generally when things have been going well i.e. when I have been tracking and losing and I am not sure if because I have posted less I have lost my mojo, or because I have lost said mojo I have posted less?  If that makes sense?!

I really did have a think about it, so I needed to act on it.  I go myself an e-source code, OK I have to pay for it, but working it out my Clarks fees just about pay for it over the month.  I have been using it all of the time, either on my PC at work or on my phone.

I have also been posting more on the group (as you can probably tell).  When I need encouragement or need to confess.

What has the result been? 

Well week one, I tracked my socks off despite the fact I wasn’t really following the plan.  I wasn’t in the place mentally to go for it.  However despite going over by about 124 PP I only put on ½ lb.  This tracking really kick started me to follow the plan last week, and the result?  3lbs off!

Although I can’t say I am completely back in the zone, I am feeling much more in control, and positive about my weight loss and I can actually lose it and (more importantly) keep it off.
 
So I guess the answer to my question is by using the tools it boosts my mojo, and the more mojo I have the more I use the tools, a self perpetuating cycle?

No comments:

Post a Comment