Tuesday 27 September 2011

The one where I meet an Olympic Gold Medallist... (Originally posted 19th September 2010 on WeightWatchers UK)

Having just realised that I managed to Blog about my new bum tightening FitFlops and forget to give my weigh in result, I have also missed a weigh in. Oh How rubbish I am.

First Things first, so my weigh in 2 weeks ago was a goody, after putting on 3.5 lbs the previous week I managed to lose it all the following. Good job!

The bad new however is that the week that followed though intending to be super good was not sooo super good as it consisted of a trip to the zoo (great for bonus points but not so good when you top up with ice cream) my nephews 3rd birthday party (full of crisps sweeties and cake) and a very awesome hen weekend.

The hen weekend was awesome, a sandwich lunch, which was positively healthy followed by a facial, followed by a Jacuzzi, followed by a swim followed by a sauna, followed by a cold shower, followed by a Jacuzzi. It was the first time that I had word a swimsuit in about 10 years, I have realised however I have forgotten how to swim. I feel this was pretty major considering I got my wobberly bits out surrounded by some very slim and glamorous friends (all between size 8-10) and a male friend, a year ago this would have never happened!

All was well until the post swim munchies kicked in and there was the suggestion to have pudding before going out for our evening meal, so a large slice of chocolate cake, a shower, and a quick change later we hit the streets of Nottingham. We headed to La Tasca where we enjoyed an almost wholly vegetarian dinner. A great choice and I came away feeling I had eaten my five a day in one meal. As the evening progressed the sangria flowed, and we danced the night away entertained by quite a lot of men dressed as school girls. There was no trouble, no one got groped by letchy men and we all got to our hotel safe and sound, no one too worse for wear.

Woke up on Sunday with a terrible cold, and indulged in what can only be described as a MASSIVE breakfast, knowing no lunch would be had and it was a long time till home. Off to Manchester Velodrome I went where I met Rebecca Romero Olympic Gold Medallist from the Beijing Games, and very nice she was too. I even got to hold her gold medal (not a piece of jewellery you could wear very often as it is bloody heavy) that was really cool.

Another week till weigh in and the flu and TOTM resulted in a lot of Ribena being drunk, allot of Minstrals being eaten and allot of bread being eaten, and ALLOT of Lemsip. A pretty disastrous week as I couldn’t do any exercise and this has resulted in an impressive 4lb gain!

Cold has got better, but it has been replaced with a pretty impressive cough which is starting to feel like a chest infection... My new leader (another occurrence I have not mentioned) has said I should aim for a 2lb loss this week. I am not feeling too confident as the only thing that keeps my loss going is exercise, and currently I can’t even walk to the top of the road without wheezing like a 60 a day smoker.

Oh well onwards and downwards xx

No comments:

Post a Comment