Tuesday 27 September 2011

Meeting Topic: Easter Challenges (Originally Posted 11th April on Facebook)

Due to the car crash that was our meeting on Sunday (no offense Sue nothing to do with you) I thought I would post a well over due ‘Post Meeting round up’

From what I could Gather, and I could well be very wrong, Sundays meeting was about dealing with the challenges that Easter throws at us.

I have to say unlike something like Christmas I don’t really have that much of a problem with Easter as such, it is the pro and succeeding bank holidays that are the problem. 

So what are my Challenges?

  1. Easter Eggs?:  I am quite lucky in the fact that being 29 I do not get an awful lot of Easter eggs bought for me.  In the past possibly my mum may have bought me one, but that isn’t possible this year.  Do I buy myself an Easter egg?  An overpriced shell of dairy milk?  No.  Will I buy myself an Easter egg in the sales after Easter, quite possibly, but not actually an Easter challenge.
  2. Hot cross buns?:  Lovely little spiced numbers that if you argued correctly you could say it contained one of your five a day (I am currently preparing my argument).  At 5/6 points each these can be point’s busters, but do I find them a challenge over Easter?  No actually, 1 per day is fine for me; I buy the nice ones that are lovely and rich so it is more than enough.
  3. Easter lunch?:  It’s a Sunday roast!  Surely I have been a member of WW long enough to know how to deal with one of those, NEXT!
  4. Bank Holiday binges?:  OK this is where my problem may lie, I love a bank holiday, and weather I will be in Colchester or Ipswich, I use them as an opportunity to catch up with friends. 
I go out for lunch, coffee, dinner and drinks.  I am a social animal (How will I meet the man of my dreams whilst stuck in the house) and at no point am I going to tell myself to stay at home, it’s not like I go out a lot anyway!

 How to Deal with the Bank Holiday Binges?

Plan ahead:  If I know I am going to eat out, snack on 0PP fruit and veg.  Look at the menu before you go and make wise choices.


Use the 49:  Not that I particularly keep hold of them, but I have them and will use them!


Earn bonus points:  An easy one for me as I feel I have been walking my butt off and I have been averaging 10PP per day.  And a beer tastes that much nicer when you have earnt it.


Alternate:  Alternate your fave tipple with a 0PP soft drink, not only does it save PP, it also helps with the hang over!

No comments:

Post a Comment