Tuesday 27 September 2011

Weekly Meeting (Originally Posted 20th June 2011 on Facebook)

Now I know some of you have lost a bit of MoJo and motivation (me included), so lets put a few things in perspective shall we.
I only lost 1Lb this week!” – If you lost 1 Lb every week for a year you will have lost 52 Lbs!  Do you know how much that is?  3 Stone 10 Lbs!  That is a massive amount of weight, that is the weight of a small child… Another person!  That is fantastic, as well as being healthy and sustainable weight loss.

I only lost ½ Lb this week!” – If you lost ½ Lb every week for a year you will have lost 26 Lbs! Do you know how much that is?  1 Stone 12 Lbs!  That is a fantastic loss

If your finding it tough (like we all do from time to time) in age old WW style,
Stop.  Rest.  Assess.

Why do you want to loose weight?  Be honest with your self.  If you cannot be honest to yourself, who can you be honest to?

I am going to be honest with you. Why do I want to loose weight? 

I do not want to be on my own forever, I have horrible thoughts of being a little old lady with no one to look after me or love me, I am (nearly) 30 years old and my singledome is a family joke and I really don’t find it funny anymore, there are only so many jokes about being a lesbian/artificial insemination/adopting Chinese babies that I can take and I feel like a freak.  Please no sympathetic messages about “oh but you are such a lovely person” etc, If I can’t love my fat bits how can I expect some one else to?  You can call me shallow, but there it is out for everyone to see.

Remember WeightWatchers is not a diet it is a healthy eating plan, it is not a quick fix. It is about making you healthier, more active and ultimately slimmer.

So on that bombshell on to my inspirational quote of the week;

“You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance. 
Lee Iacocca

Come on folks lets move on from the past and on to the future, strap yourselves in and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment