Tuesday 27 September 2011

Weekly Meeting (Originally Posted 25th July 2011 on Facebook)


Activity was the topic of this weeks meeting, and in all of my mini posts I don't think this is a topic I have ever addressed.
 
Now I can't remember the statistic (I'm sure my leader has it somewhere), but gold members who have incorporated activity in to their lives are more likely to keep the weight off in the long term. We also know that exercise is good for us, it increases the body's ability to burn calories, strengthens bones and keeps your heart and lungs healthy. Also exercise and the boost of endorphins exercise gives you can boost your mood and exercise has been 'prescribed' by Doctors to patients with depression and mood disorders to help with symptoms.
 
With all of these pros why then do so many of us try to avoid it?  There are so many excuses that you can use to try to justify why you don't exercise, time, money, energy, injury, self consciousness, chafing (!). But there is always something you can do.  Remember a bigger muscle mass means you burn more calories (even when you're just sitting down). So come on folks share with us all what exercise you do, and what are you going to do to 'do more than you've done before'?
 
Me, well I have always walked, but as my job is changing I am becoming more sedentary so here is what I do and here is my pledge.
I did ... Go jogging twice a week and walk 5 mile a day
I do ...  Zumba once a week and walk 3 miles a day
I will ... Return to go jogging twice a week, continue to go to Zumba once a week, and aim to walk a longer route home from work to increase my daily mileage.
 
How about you?

Remember Onwards and Downwards, Rock on losers!

No comments:

Post a Comment