Tuesday 27 September 2011

Weekly Meeting (Originally Posted 27th June 2011 on Facebook)

I wrote a couple of weeks ago about keeping in mind the reasons why you started and after having a chat with a couple of people at today's meeting and I thought I would share with you again my 'before' picture. This is me at my brothers wedding in August 2008. This isn't me at my heaviest this is me half a stone lighter; I embarrassed to say I weight nearly 18 St in this photo.
 


In the grand scheme of things I have not lost a massive amout of weight, I still have loads to lose, but I have changed massively since that picture was taken.
 
Physically I struggle to recognize myself; I am 4 dress sizes smaller that I am on that picture.


But also emotionally and mentally I am in a total different place. I am more positive, I treat myself with more respect, I don't abuse my body with food any more, I am less conscious of what other people think of me, I like myself more.

I have also realized that I have some fantastic friends, granted I may not see some of them very often, but they are there when I need them. There are many of you who are reading this who I have met through WeightWatchers that I now consider my friends. I want to thank you all so much for making my life in Colchester that little bit brighter and bearable.

WeightWatchers has changed my life, and I am not talking about the number on the scales.

For those of you who are struggling, I want you to think about what being a member of WeightWatchers has done for you, remember the person you were when you first walked in to your very first meeting?

For me WeightWatchers is about a hell of allot more than just my weight, don't just focus on the numbers. 

Remember Onwards and Downwards, Rock on losers!

No comments:

Post a Comment